Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I don't know if this really fits...

...because Ry Cooder isn't from over 50 years ago, but he is kind of a rootsy guy i guess. My boyfriend sent this to me, and if any of you are recording geeks, you might find it interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/22/technology/22cooder.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

You'll have to cut and paste. Sorry I don't know how to link things. I'm not a very expirienced blogger.

I thought it might be relevent simply because the first class was such a mish mash of roots music and new technology.

^___^

1 comment:

Anthony B said...

Madelyn, thanks for the article. Of the few songs I've heard, I really like Ry Cooder. I also like his Toyota factory car stereo sound test for his albums! And who would have thought of using the iTunes "sound enhancer" to master an album. I appreciate this since it seems like he's not just simply a Luddite, but really looking for a particular sound.