Monday, April 2, 2007

R. Crumb!

I saw a really interesting book while i was out shopping with my dad today. It's a collection of the three series of music based trading cards R. Crumb made in the 80s. It has the "Heroes of Blues," "Early Jazz Greats" and "Pioneers of Country Music" trading card sets all together, with little bios for each artist/group, and it comes with a CD! I didn't buy it yet, but I'm thinking about it, and I thought some of you might dig it. Here's the address for a page with a bit of a better description on it:

http://budplant.com/product.asp?pn=RCRH

Sorry I don't know how to make it a fancy link with a picture.

P.S. Don't forget there's an R. Crumb show at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in SF. I haven't gone yet, but I'm planning on going soon!

1 comment:

Anthony B said...

Madelyn, thanks for the recommendation. I'll keep my eye out for these trading cards.

Also, for the reminder about the R. Crumb show at Yerba Buena.

Looking forward to hearing more of your songs, and promise not to spout-out the title.